Operations and Engagement Manager
Have you ever dreamed of living in a Stigma-Free world?
If so, now you can work at a BC-based non-profit organization that is forging ahead to make the world a more understanding and accepting place.
The Stigma-Free Society is a Canadian registered charity since 2010 and is committed to the promotion of mental wellness and the elimination of stigma that surrounds mental illness, addictions, gender identity, and more. We achieve our mission by providing peer support training, online resource Toolkit hubs, and the delivery of preventative education to youth and the community.
Our Society is well-positioned to provide services that will support mental health in schools and community organizations across Canada. We offer our Student Mental Health Toolkit to Educators, School Counsellors, Parents/Guardians, and youth and rural residents have the opportunity to utilize our Rural Mental Wellness Toolkit across Canada.
Building on a decade of experience, the Stigma-Free Society has taken advantage of the rapid adoption of digital tools in the classroom to expand its Stigma-Free School program and Student Mental Health Toolkit services across British Columbia while expanding into Manitoba in 2022 and other parts of Canada. The Rural Mental Wellness Toolkit is a recent initiative and has great potential to reach even more Canadians with its resources and Rural Residents’ Peer Support Training Program.
We have a clear mandate that will take us into 2022 – our most significant year of growth.
- Expand reach & increase impact by connecting more effectively to the non-profit ecosystem and engaging in meaningful partnerships that will foster growth.
- The Society will Introduce new and existing programming into School Districts in BC, Manitoba, and Canada. The Society will target students and Rural/Ag residents in BC and Canada.
- The Society will Build Capabilities by adding expertise to our team, building on performance, and help scale our capacity.
To foster a movement that cultivates, encourages, and educates diverse communities to be inclusive and compassionate through awareness and understanding.
We foster awareness, understanding, and acceptance through education, support, and leadership.
The Stigma-Free Society has created this new position – Operations and Engagement Manager – and we require an astounding leader to help take our organization to the next level. Stigma-Free started as a grassroots initiative by Andrea Paquette – SFS President – and the Charity and has since been gaining significant traction. We now find ourselves at a pivotal point in our growth and require an experienced and strategic Operations and Engagement Manager who can help the Non-Profit reach its objectives.
This exciting opportunity requires a visionary and someone who thinks big. SFS is seeking a candidate who has experience in the field of mental health in their work and operations management expertise.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Identifying the resources necessary to achieve the organization’s goals derived from donors and fundraising activities.
- Create a long-term strategy for Society’s HR sustainable planning.
- Evaluate and monitor the Society’s financial health.
- Produce quarterly reports to the President that demonstrates viability of the organization and goals for growth.
- Work with the President and Grant Writer to assist in implementing the Society’s fundraising strategy.
Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Adheres to Society’s Strategic Plan and implement benchmarks to manage the Society’s goals, delegate tasks, and track metrics.
- Analyzes and improves systems, policies, and processes.
- Work alongside the President to help execute the Society’s strategic plan for 2022 and beyond.
- Build relationships with rural-indigenous schools, organizations to promote uptake of programs.
- Build relationships with current districts and schools to promote uptake of Student Toolkit and virtual presentations – secure District partnerships and identify a Champion(s) for the districts.
- Build and maintain collaborative partnership activities with Society’s partners.
- Work alongside the President in guiding a marketing company to create a long-term marketing strategy.
- Work with President and partners on Northern BC Expansion for School and Rural Toolkit programs.
Staff Management and Relations
- Manage staff/contractors’ operations such as performance evaluations, SFS Champions Program, communications with market stakeholders.
- Coordinate all aspects of marketing such as collaborating with Digital Marketer, Web Developer, Marketing Company to ensure successful performance and outcomes.
- Organizes and plans professional development activities for staff.
- Help train new presenters and work with Program Manager to execute Virtual Stigma-Free Presentations Program.
- Train and work with Program Coordinator to learn Society’s new virtual presentations’ booking system.
- Spearhead the Winnipeg expansion project and work with staff and key players in meeting program goals.
- Manage Nationwide Peer Support Program and ensure uptake and delivery of program.
- Lead the 2.0 Revamp for the Rural Mental Health Toolkit.
- Basic web development in WordPress and Elementor is an asset but not necessary.
- Basic design skills in Canva is an asset but not necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Master’s Degree in Non-Profit Management or equivalent education is required.
- 5+ years working in a management role in a related non-profit organization with a budget of 1 million+
- Knowledge of practice management processes, efficiencies, standards, metrics, and benchmarks.
- Work remotely and have track record of working successfully from home.
- Advanced level literacy in MS Office
- Possesses a self-directed attitude and an ability to work independently.
- High Producing and work in a timely manner.
- Understands financial management, planning, prioritizing, and supervising others.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, good problem-solving skills, and effective decision- making abilities.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Be open-minded and willing to learn from different perspectives while taking direction from the President of Stigma-Free Society.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude and a willingness to operate in an authentic manner.
- Maintain a professional demeanor as the Operations and Engagement Manager representing the image of the Stigma-Free Society in the community.
- Be flexible and open to conducting tasks that allows for adaptability, versatility, and assistance to the President.
- Strong multi-tasking skills to prioritize, organize and meet deadlines; and
- Work between 9 am – 5 pm PST Monday – Friday (40 hours a week).
Compensation is discussed with applicant and determined upon Employee’s qualifications and competencies.
Thank you for your consideration and we are extremely eager to hear from you!
We hope you will help us create a Stigma-Free world.
Submit CV and Cover Letter to:
Andrea Paquette, President and Co-Founder, SFS
Deadline for Applications: Jan 20th, 2022, by 4 p.m. PST.
Check out our website here with our programs and team: www.stigmafreesociety.com