We can all choose to live a Stigma-Free life!
- Begin by exploring this website and learn about the various stigmas that cause others to be seen as different, and consider why we hold negative perceptions, and stereotypes about some people, and not others?
- Take our Stigma-Free Tool to assess your current perceptions and attitudes toward those who deal with stigma in their daily lives. Challenge yourself to live stigma-free and take the Stigma-Free Tool again in 30 days to assess and reflect on your progress.
- We encourage you to take our Stigma-Free Pledge and work toward becoming aware, understanding and accepting of all people regardless of their situation.
- You can also write to us and share your personal story and we will post it with your picture or anonymously. The more personal stories we have to share about dealing and/or overcoming stigma, the more we will be able to break the barriers of silence and encourage people to seek help.
- Encourage your teachers/school counselors or workplace to host a Stigma-Free Zone School presentation or community presentation.