Stigma-Free Society Employment Job Description
Position: Community Development Manager (CDM) Victoria, BC
Annual Salary: $30,000 gross salary annually
Job Application deadline: September 15th, 2019
Community Development Officer Duties:
- Act in a leadership role by encouraging and meeting with the Stigma-Free Society’s four program staff members under the direction of the Society’s President;
- Work as part of the Stigma-Free Task Force remotely and provide perspective and feedback to Society programs on monthly evening calls;
- Act in an administration role as necessary for the effective operations of the Society;
- Build on existing community partnerships via in-person and phone meetings and strive to develop new public/private sector relationships by establishing and following up on Stigma-Free Zone programs in schools, businesses/orgs and geographical areas;
- Promote and market the new Stigma-Free Zone Online Program across Canada in schools remotely from Victoria, BC;
- Design and execute successful fundraising and awareness events in Victoria managing numerous volunteers and logistics;
- Design and conduct presentations in a format that is outlined and approved by the President to community organizations and schools as needed;
- Assist families and individuals to seek out appropriate resources for mental health care;
- Work effectively with the Executive Assistant/Program Coordinator and additional Society staff in a Non-Managerial position;
- Network at events and represent the Society and attend meetings on behalf of the President upon request;
- Assist with the delivery of the Stigma-Free Society’s Children’s Mental Health Program by offering presentations in schools and to the community and assisting in the recruitment of presentations;
- Assist with items such as the Society newsletter, website, traditional media and advertisements upon request;
- Be very flexible and open to conducting tasks that are not identified in the Community Development Manager’s job description that allows for adaptability, versatility and assistance to the President;
- Possess basic computer software experience: Outlook, Excel, Power Point
Employee Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities while maintaining high degree of professionalism and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate information effectively and concisely to various audiences verbally and in writing;
- Ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on own analysis;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications, including word processing, spread sheets, and presentation software.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding about mental health issues, local/provincial resources and how to address stigma related social issues;
- Experience working with community members with diverse backgrounds;
- Possess excellent presentation and communications abilities;
- Ability to market Society programs acting as a Society representative with various stakeholders in schools and the community;
- Receive feedback and take direction in a positive and effective manner;
- Prefer a certificate or diploma in mental health, community service worker, or related field.
- Prefer candidates who have worked with youth aged grades 4-7.
- Gas Mileage is the responsibility of the employee and the Society does not provide remuneration.
- The employee must have access to a vehicle.
- The employee must utilize their own laptop computer and Office Suite 2018 may be provided by the Society if necessary.
- Employment Conditions: (3-month review with conditions as set out as per the BC Standards Act) Performance reviews and future consideration of an increase in salary are at the discretion of the President.
- Health Benefits: The Society will provide basic medical insurance upon a 3-month approval of a probationary period as determined by the President.
- Work hours are 20 hours per week. M-F 10-2pm. Hours may be slightly flexible upon a request to the President.
We would love to hear from you! Please submit your Cover Letter AND Resume outlining your skills, background and qualifications by September 15, 2019. 🙂
Applications are to be sent to: