A Warm and Grateful Message from the Stigma-Free Society Team…
We had an INCREDIBLE week last week with our first ever online fundraiser “”Helping Stigma-Free Society During COVID-19”. Through the generous support of the beautiful community around us, we reached our goal of $20,000 and we couldn’t be more grateful to everyone who donated and who participated in our event.
Throughout the day we had interviews and information sessions about stigma, mental health, how COVID-19 is affecting us and, of course, information on our online COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit.
Donations came in throughout the day and with every donation our confidence grew. Not only did our confidence grow in being able to achieve our financial goal we had set for ourselves, but also in the work that we do as a charity. With every donation, people were not only supporting us financially, they were also letting us know that they appreciate and believe in the work we do, encouraging us to continue to grow and expand.
Our work is important and will continue during these unprecedented times – this message was heard loud and clear from all who supported, and continue to support us.
What are we going to do with the donations? Great question. Below are just a few ways we’ll be allocating the donations within our charity:
- Convert the Stigma-Free COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit into a General Wellness Toolkit;
- Add new sections to our General Wellness Toolkit, including “Defeating Racism during COVID-19” and “How to Help a Friend with Mental Health Issues”;
- Create and develop new resources such as an Online Distress quiz and a comprehensive Guide for Parents on helping their child struggling with mental health;
- Sustaining the significant cost of the Youth Toolkit program;
- Write, create and develop new initiatives such a Wellbeing Toolkits for various other demographics that will reach an even larger audience and will help us branch out from our focus on youth;
- And SO MUCH MORE.
Once again, thank you to those who took time out of their busy schedules to be a part of our online fundraiser. Thank you to those who supported us with messages, comments and emails throughout the day. And THANK YOU to the many, many people who donated before, during and after the fundraiser to Stigma-Free Society.
A special thank you to those who donated on behalf of Jaime Traynor. Our deepest love, gratitude and appreciation to you and your loved ones. We will honour Jaime’s memory with our good work and promise to continue to help educate and raise awareness on various stigmas, with a focus on mental health. Jaime – we miss you and love you.
THANK YOU STIGMA-FREE COMMUNITY!
We are beyond grateful.
Author, Lindsay Goulet, Community Development Manager, SFS