The Stigma-Free Society is extremely proud to announce that we are once again partnering with Otsuka-Lundbeck Alliance to offer TWO deserving post-secondary students a $2000 scholarship to be allocated toward their educational pursuits.
This is the third year that the Society has been able to provide these amazing scholarships and it is because of our valuable relationship with Otsuka-Lundbeck Alliance. We are proud of the work each recipient has completed over the past few years in the area of educating themselves on how to help eradicate stigma through awareness and education.
Scholarships will be awarded to two students, who have experienced or are currently experiencing the effects of stigma because of mental illness, LGBTQ2+, homelessness, race or addictions issues. Additional related experiences will also be considered.
Criteria to apply:
- Be a current Resident of British Columbia, Canada;
- Must have dealt with, or are currently dealing with the effects of stigma in their life;
- Complete an application form with Cover Letter for the Society’s review;
- The Society hopes to feature each student’s story on their website and anonymity is also permitted if preferred;
- Must be accepted and registered at an accredited educational institution for the Spring 2021 Semester.
The Stigma-Free Society works to raise awareness and mental health education to students, parents and educators on how to help stop stigma. We provide space for those who have been on the receiving end of stigma and offer support, understanding and acceptance.
Applications are now closed.
Thank you to the Otsuka-Lundbeck Alliance for your generosity as these scholarships would not be possible without your financial contribution.
Author, Lindsay Goulet, Community Development Manager, SFS